Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hallelujah!!

At 5:30 pm, as our class session was ending, I was told that my luggage had finally arrived at our Guest House!!!!

I am now finally, happily attired in my jeans, black shirt and black sandals, freshly showered with my shampoo & conditioner, and just generally happier about life. My fellow classmate's bag also arrived at the same time. We may be the two happiest people in India tonight.

Our class session today was really good- the speakers from Infosys were great, kept us interested and were really open to our many questions. I was nervous that a day of speakers would be boring, but the time really did fly. It really is an amazing corporate story, with a great corporate culture. We heard speakers today who discussed the history & structure of Infosys, their strategy, recruitment, hiring and training processes. We still have 3 more days of speakers, but it was definitely something that kept me interested and engaged. Everyone is in a much better mood today (not just those of us with fresh clothes to wear)- today we learned something. Of course, we spent the day in a board room, so not much of the "real" India - but it was pretty amazing.

Heading out tonight to try a restaurant at a local hotel - I promise to write more about food when we return!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, hooray! I've been closely following the unfolding drama of the lost luggage, and I'm thrilled that it has a happy ending.
    Here's hoping this marks the beginning of a positive rest of your stay, Chebdog Millionaire.

    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete